Automated metering station of the dark-oil products tank farm
Control and instrumentation system retrofit (plant 820-10)
Customer: Kirishi Oil Refinery
General designer, automation and electrical design: SPIK SZMA
Dark-oil products tank farm, including:
Х Fuel oil (type 100, 40 and CBC) reception and storage tank farms;
Х Process fuel (type E-4) reception and storage tank farms;
Х Fuel oil pumping station;
Х Gas condensate, oil and fuel oil pumping station;
Х Inter-shop communications.
Control system specification:
DCS based on Siemens PCS7, controller Simatic S7-400H, I/O stations ET-200M, network equipment Simatic Net.
Functionality of control system: Data collecting and processing, process control.
Information system functionality:
Х Equipment and instruments status monitoring:
- Signaling of remote controlled electrified gate valves status (OPEN, CLOSE, JAMMED);
- Signaling of pumps and fans operation mode (RUN);
- Signaling of pumps and fans shutdown cause (address of the shutdown command generated);
- Signaling of UPS and power switches status;
- Signaling of electric heating status (ON);
Х Process variable measuring, light and audio signaling of process variables out of range:
- Indication of fuel oil temperature in the tanks (data received from Enraf metering system), signaling of upper allowable temperature rate;
- Measuring of pumps bearing temperature, signaling of upper allowable temperature rate;
- Temperature and pressure measuring in pumps end seal tanks, signaling of bottom and upper allowable temperature rates;
- Measuring of fuel oil pressure at pump discharge, signaling of bottom and upper allowable pressure rates;
- Measuring of oil, gas condensate pressure, off-test at pumps discharge, signaling of bottom and upper allowable pressure rates;
- Measuring of fuel oil (type TTE, 100) loading flow;
- Indication of fuel oil (type TTE, 100) level in tanks (data received from Enraf measuring system), signaling of bottom and upper allowable level rates;
- Signaling of no fuel oil, oil, gas condensate, off-test products at pumps intake;
- Signaling of upper allowable level rate in the pump drain pit;
- Signaling of low allowable level rate in pumps end seal tanks;
- Signaling of upper allowable gas concentration rate within working areas;
- Signaling of upper allowable vibration rate of pumps bearings and motors (data received from pumps status monitoring system);
- Signaling on failures detected by process and equipment diagnostics devices and/or system parts self-diagnostics, including:
* Power supply failure;
* Failure of controller, I/O units, communication equipment;
* UPS failure;
* Battery operation and UPS low voltage;
* Failure and short circuit of buses, communication lines from AI modules till sensor.
Х Pumps and fans operating time accounting.
Functionality of Emergency Shutdown System:
Х Overflow protection;
Х Pumps dry operation protection;
Х Automated pump control as to air supply pressure.
Control & Information System Architecture
||© SPIK SZMA 1998-2016. All rights reserved.